Friday, March 11, 2011

Wondrous world

* wondrous world *
I think of things wondrous
I encounter everyday
The smile of the barista
As he bids everyone gooday
The slowly flowing Yarra
Permanently colour of milk in tea
Swooping birds above choralling
The love of a good dog
Wonder of an aircraft
So many parts to get off the ground
Dis-assembled they are landlocked
As much slaves as we to gravity
How a tshirt made over there
And transported across half the world
Sold in a shop paying rent
With staff who must earn wages
Can cost less than a fruit muffin
I devour in moment's forgetfulness
How the Sun elopes each and every night
Leaves us with silver stars twinkling in sky black
Running in the morning
Seeing mist as cotton wrapped
Around the bare skin of the eucalyptus
Growing tall and straight
Holders of the oil
Which make our bushfires inferno
When Summer wind gusts blowtorch hot
There is such wonder in the differences
Of the faces many that I see
Each of us seeking out
Our own path to divinity
I wonder at the wars
When we have poverty to fight
I wonder at the politics of extremes
Which denies our human rights
I wonder why we worry that oil will run out
When commonsense is in greater short supply
I feel the breath in my lungs
Intricacies of bones and muscle
Which drive and control my fingers
As nimbly try and type
I wonder at these thoughts
Translated into written words
Surge of electric impulses
A biological mass of water
All these cells as a brain together form
Calling on memories and sight
Reaching out for the Muse
I find such wonder in close to everything
I sense the person that is you
The complexity and beauty
Elegance of equation stated
The unique soul without compare
In the wonder that is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment