Monday, March 21, 2011

Muse or Mud

*Muse or Mud*
Ah Muse come to me
Your lips of fire ignite
Passion being other inside of me
Set my thoughts to higher plains
Pass me vistas broader than
These clumsy lowlands where I stand
Stilted blocked and silted up
My thoughts have no love or grace
Boulders square which cannot fall
Even if the bluebirds nested in my hair
Sunshine bright lit my bones from inside
Or a catastrophe tumbled me over World's edge
I would not stir or rise or insight seek
Rather register mere cynical expectation
That this is how this world is wrought
As all daily lessons previous taught
My opinion is deadly correct
So Muse arrive and inspire
No outward guidance can magic work
I need your inner touch on my thoughts
Desire the ease with which you can transport
This struggling peasant of barren words
To greater deeds and inspired serves
To lift the thoughts of those who read
These thoughts which to find I bleed
They never having need for the Muse
Without you alongside my typing is an abuse
I channel nothing but this stinking mud
Which blocks my thoughts and dulls my blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment