Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Either, or?

++* Either, Or *++
Love or lust
I must choose one?
What foolishness is this
Cannot I not burn with passion
For one whom I do love
Drown myself in lust
Even when this loving accomplished
Even when I know every freckle
And have forgotten every body line
Seen you in a thousand clothes
Charted moods as Atlantic storms
Devoured your kisses
Consumed your heat
Warmed your chill body
Seen you everyday of every week
For a 365 day year
Why should my love
Exclude the lust tugging
At my sinews and my smile
The lingering admiration of my gaze
At your beauty daily
The way you rise each day
A single strand of your hair
The lust inside me intensifies
A fire without compare
Given leverage by Love
Not set aside or worn down
By empathy and respect
Always there a hunger
To love you with lust without regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment