Friday, March 4, 2011

too often think

~¤ too often think ¤~
These days I too often think
Of those who will not be here
Who in a phone-call I fear
Be stated as having passed away
Be dead not alive
And my world collapse a little
A support having given way
A parent or close relative
On whom I might depend
Will have come to an end
Change my world forever more
My world become a hollowed out core
And am I so to others I know
An expected constant pillar
A mark on flood pole of life
Something familiar without which
Their world would be off kilter
Stagger and no longer a round figure
In their calculations of life present
As I think of those who may
Soon be gone away
How I resent life for such cruel tricks
Could I not have grown up
With my parents when they did
Learned to understand them better
Not take for granted their existence
As my thoughts too often turn
To those who may soon not be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment