Thursday, March 10, 2011

return of you

** return of you **
So easy in imagination
To bring you in again
Though been years seems only days
My questing fingers and lips recall
Joy of your closeness
Fullness of the heart to meet
And in passion desire treat
All those thoughts previous raised
In words your charms so highly praised
Now in living flesh made carnal truth
Of passion and love this proof
In embrace and kiss reality carved
Imagination's figment found to be
So much less than this real ground
A rush in pulse and time
Our lips our bodies in delighted rhyme
Rhythm set to Earth's spin
Time set aside and made immobile
As again I call you in
The taste so sweet of warm skin
Heels lying across my back
Night air delicious feeds appetite
A memory and yet more
A moment of truth lodged
Deep in essence of me
Woven into my veins
Become part of my dna
Those moments brief together
Relived can illuminate darkest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment