Monday, March 7, 2011

Taught to speak

* taught to speak *
You say my words are wicked
Barbed darts which fly
I think not to hurt
No venom do I spray
It is just the way
I was taught to speak
By those b*st*rds of my youth
Who beat up on the meek
Their beliefs were like flooding waters
Probe every single point
Constant pressure bring to bear
Until you find a weakness
Until you find a flaw
And then set more pressure at that point
Be unrelenting in your torment
Keep on flooding forward
Drown the good inside the youth
Till all is overcome
Every barrier broken down
To flooding water meek has succumbed
Drowning in their hatred
Their barbs so rich and many toxic
Destroying what was
Replacing with nothing at all
Leaving a hollow empty shell
Echo chamber for their raucous calls
Seems I now reply
Before any slight has been delivered
My words are razor edged and toxin coated
A viper I have become
Moved from nest in which I grew
Unable to renounce
The poison in my glands
Fury of my words
The meek who was within is gone
Just the fortress walls remain
Never to be conquered
No drawbridge to be let down
An angry cruelled parody
Of who once spoke soft words.

No comments:

Post a Comment