Friday, March 4, 2011

In the interrgation rooms

* in the interrogation rooms *
Too many walkers
Too many loose talkers
All of these plans will fall
The secrets in perfection
Plans are still in conception
Please stop torturing me long
Give me a pen
Give me some paper
I will list them all
The baker the butcher
Journalist and student agitator
I detail them before long
Every person I ever met
For a glass of water or cigarette
I will turn over to you
Just turn off the lights
Let me have sleep
My body is aching
I can't stop this shaking
There is nothing more I can do
All the names written
Places where they are hidden
Explained in as much detail
As my traitorous mind can do
Release me and forget me
I am insignificant to you
You hold all my secrets
And if you come calling
When I am again living
Far from these walls
And the lights always bright
I will inform on all others
Do whatever you ask
Just set me down lightly
Ignore me and set me free
It seems the least you could do
After all of my talking
My name writing and betraying
The giving up of my soul and my self
My offer to serve only you.

No comments:

Post a Comment