Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Objections to established social-working model

*objections to established social-working model*
Tie me to this holding bar
Enabling me to keep balance as train rocks
Feet are flat and aching
On a crowded train without a seat
This daily arduous commute I make
My thoughts locked in myself
Alongside so many fellow workdrone kin
Not enjoying for one millisecond part
Crowded so close into armpit
The over perfuming a gas attack
And some personal hygiene plainly lack
Others have personal demons to keep at bay
Start the morning alcoholically to get them through the day
These scents makes nausea the prevailing condition
This entire trip seems an absurd act of contrition
For what or why I have no idea
Perhaps for the acts of ancestors
Who built this social and business model
Requiring every work day I must get on
These cattle cars with rest of docile herd
To earn our pay to give away
In payment for the roof above our heads
The groceries which feed us
Electricity to give us light and heat
Water which is pumped to the door
All these things I have to pay for
I wonder how it once was
When a spear the only possession
A basket to gather berries
Two flints for fire and furs to warm you
All you needed to bear
The journey was to hunting grounds
It was prehistoric and free
No sore feet from mindless standing
No perfumed hair spray attacks
Perhaps we should dump this civilised life
And regress to prehistoric acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment