Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What desired

** what desired **
What do I desire
Who or whom would I seek
If all the world was mine
And I had but to speak
Someone who would love me
As I would love them back
A joy and sustenance for my days
A fellow fighter at my back
I don't desire domesticity
Through well cooked food I celebrate
A bed warmed by coupling
Not infrequently and with enthusiasm
(For if this is chore what is life?)
An ability to laugh at mistakes
In equal part accept responsibility
And apologise when tiredness or stubbornness
Causes one or other to be ill-mannered
A perfect companion would be sought
Not one who could be bought
Would have to be a special someone
Who also sought somewhat the same
This it seems would be whom I desire
My what and whom to meet
If all the world was mine
And I had but to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment