Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Outside the flow

** outside the flow **
At times I find myself exiled
A hermit in their presence
An island though a man
Hearing conversation flowing
Yet not in there with a paddle
Not listening properly to the flow
I am seeking something more
There is a tickle in my senses
Random thought buried deep
Says this is not for us
Yet seems nowhere else to leap
The conversation continues onward
Seems to ease their souls
Yet I am not included
And the chatter gives me no rest
Seems shallow and inconsequential
Not using intelligence to its best
Now this may seem snobbishness
As if I pity them
Yet I feel I am the one to pity
For I can not find the joys they do
In exploring the mundane
And such surprises human nature holds
For they cannot understand the game
I feel a shout welling up
A need to tell them how it is
And I realise such words
Would carry no impact and disillusion
Any truths which they hold dear
So I keep my counsel to myself
And wish they would explore another topic
Without the need to seem so naïve
Apply themselves to thinking
Before they open their mouths to reveal
A total lack of knowledge
And so I am an island
Isolated from their communication
Just off the shore of where they are
How distant that seems to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment