Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Deceive my Self

*+- deceive my Self -+*
There is a treasure I am sure
A reward for life endured
For seems I cannot celebrate
This life I lead which is so great
I eat till stomach filled
And roof is sealed above my head
Each day weary body placed in soft bed
House is heated and cooled if needed
I have a job well paid
And a little car to take me from A to B
If need be I can find friends
And some frivolous activity partake
While I have two children
Standing tall and straight
Who show me their love
And are as intelligent as required
Have average manners matching mine
They are an expense at times
And in duty own time not always my own
Yet they are more precious than my own bones
These reward for chores done
Reward for acts dull under burning Sun
Everything is external to myself
To achieve through them
A device to deceive myself
Into thinking I am doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment