Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The why for grief

** the why for grief **
My thoughts have descended
In reflection up ended
Any humour or goodwill in my soul
I have allowed the media
Those naysayers and glum tiding bringers
To infect kernal of my whole
Heard of deaths ignoble
Of the valiant and selfless
Deep inside myself felt a sorrow
For those I have never met
Who before a wall of water
Were swept away and not saved
The sky captures my mood
Dark and grey and unstable
A swirling of murky elements
Despair upon the wind
All good from world is sucked
All which might noble be questioned
When a soldier turns on soldier
An ally slays a friend in arms
Makes you wonder who can be trusted
What is the meaning of this all
If the good can die fighting
At hands of friend not foe
In a war we forget about and no longer care for
Until another courageous soldier dies
In manner strange and perplexing
Then we turn and give attention
Through only for a moment brief
Before the news is washed away
And ever more distant is our grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment