Friday, May 13, 2011

Squeal

** Squeal **
Squeal so loudly
The world is unfair
Took my house
Gave me this nose
Set upon since birth
I declare I fight no more
I lay down my arms
Shout surrender and retreat
Into fortress basement of self pity
And looking out through arrow slit
See world neither cares or worries
My pitiful self indulgent protest
Marked truly by none
Is not even worthy of comment
By those near and dearest
Because world spins on
We must be fed and children grow
Palaces collapse and great men die
You can decide to live and do
Or stop and crawl away unrewarded
By those things you might achieve
Friendships you may build
Leave that town
Ignore your family strangling
Find the happiness you desire
And if inadequately it pays
For you to live your life
As you had intended to live
Make a choice of what to do
Find a new role in another place
Accept your life will not be so
Just choose and act and be
Ignore the depths malignant
Of your self pity indignant.

No comments:

Post a Comment