Friday, July 1, 2011

When you travel

*** when you travel ***
When beyond my sight you travel
Across the sea or across the country
When I know you will not be
Underneath same roof I call my own
My heart it frets and worries
My thoughts in awkward fear are tangled
No reason why where you are to be
Is in any greater danger than could be here
No reason to think I could keep you safe
If you were closer and nearer
Many a Fathers best wishes have been defeated by Fate
Life given and Love shared
Does not a shield impenetrable make
And if your needs or wishes take you
Beyond shelter and reach of my embrace
Then I can only kiss your brow
Send you forward well armed with commonsense
And hope the very best eventuates
Even as I contemplate very worst
And my heart beyond all rationality
Frets and worries for your safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment