Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pedestal placement

**Pedestal placement**
Tied and torn and knotted tight
These thoughts I think tonight
Beyond and away from place
Made drunk by sight of your face
Falling as the worse believers do
Into believing in more than you
All answers from you raise
I am a sinner who comes singing praise
Upon your shoulders problems of my own place
Made drunk by sight of your face
No escaping from atop pedestal you sit
Placed there by me and glued
Forever never ever changing you
Not seeing who you might be
Having already decided what I see
In my desperate needing seeking
Form the person upon you at this meeting
So drunk I find myself made by your face
The young guitarists strum on
The lounge grows deathly still
As I project onto you all I need
Every person you have ever been and to me
Every person who you will ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment