Thursday, July 14, 2011

Still dreaming of Clancy's life

* still dreaming of Clancy's life **
Out in the provinces
Where grass allowed to grow
Far from our shoebox mansions
Cappuccinos and wine bars
Fine leather shoes and italian wool suits
A place where gum boot is honoured and used
Far from this place of noise and harsh fumes
There hopefully you will find me
Celebrating bushland delights
Using the clear country airs
Until the fading of bright country light
To discover person I should be
Person I would have been
If I had escaped city scene
The canyoned streets in perpetual shadows
Mercantile buildings spiritless and hollow
Felt earth not hard tar beneath my feet
Commune with Nature not via email
Escaped demands and seasons sameness
For the Bush and fields and creeks
Of the country beautified
In my mind a place of ease and rest
Sparkling waters and wattle kissed bush
Call of bellbird only broken
By raucous kookaburra laughing
See the tracks of wallaby wombat or 'roo
Around the billabong at dawn
See the herds and flocks gathering at dusk
In a place where your own words shouted
So quickly merge and fade
All secrets taken and buried
All griefs eased into the red earth
Far from the bustling cynical crush
Of city transport on train or bus
Escape the constant inquiry
Of a hundred faces jaded and weary
Find me in the deepest bush
Most distant places far from city rush
There is where I will be
Once from mortgage and debt set free
Escape this rat race infantile
Take my money earned as squatters did before
And live a life of rustic ease and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment