Friday, July 22, 2011

An angry season

** an angry season **
It must be Tour De France season
An event which due to time zones
I watch in the latest hours of night
A period which teeters over edge
And falls firmly into the new day
My eyes are grainy
General demeanour grumpy
Feeling flat claustrophobic and angry
Angry about daylight and people breathing
The foolishness of me staying up till early
Though I knew no additional sleep was coming
And having done this for a fortnight
Energy levels have dissipated
Anxiety levels risen
Moody and weary and growing angry
The type of senseless ill-defined undirected anger
Which threatens to washover inappropriately
At family or in the workplace
A feeling of loss of control
And later I will feel suitably stupid
Suitably chastised and guilty
To allow tiredness to allow me to act so
To raise my voice or with cutting remarks slice
The dialogue between myself and some other
Family comrade worker boss it matters not
This is the end result
Of pursuing actions unhealthy
And even blue sky cannot fully wake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment