Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the dead between

the dead between

 * the dead between *
My dead and your dead
All the dead between
Our lovers few or many
Left on battlefield of dreams
Across their corpses peer
Looking for the marks
Which would make you another casualty
Another loss in this slaughter
Long ago ideals expired
Of honour virtue and truth
See new lovers coming up to the front
How green they are in love
Fresh gristle for the fields
New fertilizer of dreams
And we who have loved before
Each loss removes our gloss
We become a little more jaded
See others fall who have given up
Accept the least and easiest escape
Some lower their sights so low
Suffer self-inflicted injuries
Been more days than I can recall
Yet each wound I still recall
And now a fresh dream encountered
And we gaze across no-man's land
I behind my pile of corpses
And you behind yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment