Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Taint it so

Taint it so

 ** taint it so **
Tainted blood of fore bearers
Yet not for them I would not be here
Listen to their jokes and cracks
Destroy my youthful illusions dear
In a younger person ignorance
An occasion to be taught
In the old ignorance abhorrent
Do not hear or heed your talk
Attitudes and behaviour hard wired in
Wonder how much I acquired
Came with this family skin
In my years of growing up
How much soaked in
Am I as blind as they
To the faults many I carry
Do I suddenly break the mood
With racists comments confronting
Denigrate by race or gender
Those whom I do not approve
Racist or sexist or misogynist
Which attitudes do I carry
My thinking of my virtue pure
An example of ignorance is bliss
A taint upon my skin and soul
A way of learning rubbed in deep
Those thoughtful people who raised me so
Prevent me now from restful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment