Thursday, July 8, 2010

inner clime

inner clime

  * inner clime *
These portals of my soul I close
Escape crowded vulgarity of life
Settle back in peaceful repose
The silence of the inner lake
Filled with minutiae so close to overflowing
Sounds of empty plastic drink bottles knocking together
An eerie hollow call across my inner lake
Effluent rainbows swirling cross water's surface
The shore a sticky black morass of stinking mud
Carcasses of decomposing fish drifting half submerged
The air and life from this water irretrievably removed
No moon ever shines its light here
Sun and its rays for perpetuatity obscured
A dark windless desolate empty place
Only stirred when I rest the moralities of my day
Or when conscience slips from weight of hypocrisy
Subsidence brought on by erosion of values
On some days a flicker of light
Unnaturally bright in this all encompassing suffocating darkness
Pierces the ancient obsidian gloom
Is a single flaring burning torch of hope
Quickly gutters and all evidence of its presence lost
Again the world within returns to stale sterile stillness
My inner lake of stagnant peace
Refuge from angry frustrating nihilistic life
Until I can no more endure in my cloistered sanctuary
And outward to life and living must turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment