Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mysterious ways of faith

Mysterious ways of faith

 * mysterious ways of faith *
The substantiation of my soul seems to be on hold
The move from man to angel
A spiritual awakening
Being able to hear God's voice
Completely ignored
The days go by unconsecrated
A heretic I feel
Searching for this hidden faith
Which to my heart or eyes is not revealed
There are some I know
Imbued with inner glow
Fully confident in belief
Know their God so well
And yet so often they are unkind
Bigots and judgemental beyond belief
Live a life mired in fear
Searching constantly for casus belli In every other religion or faith they encounter
Whether far or near
Seems they hold a faith
Undercuts simple things I believe
That humanity is mostly good
People are flawed yet real
We have choices we can make
And no single way is ideal
All should live their lives
In respect for one another
And if not love your brother
Do not brand him infidel
Do not brand him heathen
He has same right to God
Same right to pursue a meaning
The same as I do
Even if all the faith I possess
Injected in to a football team
For whom highest pinnacle is to win the season
Something they might one year achieve
For now there is only confusion and chaos
When they are playing
And premiership faith is another form of dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment