Thursday, June 17, 2010

A melancholic's prayer

A melancholic's prayer

 ** A melancholic's prayer **

Feeling a wave of melancholy deep
Nothing to mark as the cause
Perhaps just a lack of sleep
A feeling so dense and real as the Sun
Holding me here in a bell jar for one
Under examination of my own thoughts critique
Pulling at sores and scratching them raw
The thoughts are sharp
and black and not sweet
This wave of despair
This black dog on heat
Finding me flawed and not what I thought
A human so tired and caught
Sometimes its lies and sometimes there's truth
Both of those blades are knives so shiny keen
Plunge through my thoughts into body obscene
Wake me at night and shatter my sleep
No Morpheus sea sufficiently deep
No answers here easy to find
Days of sunlight and joy become grind
Loves and loved feel as if no longer mine
So abrupt and disconnected from my true mind
Divorced from the merriment of self
Hidden away on some unreachable shelf
Wish I could come down to play
Share in the joy and sunlight so gay
Yet here I am caught in beartrap so tight
Immersed in melancholy deep as Winter long night
Seems to extend further than I can see
Hoping my life will be there when I am free
From this king tide of depression  Surrounding and drowning melancholy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment