Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A letter a day

A letter a day

 * a letter a day *
I will send you a letter
Every day of my life
Electronic mail sure is fun
Does not possess handwritten romance
Cannot pin pixels to the fridge
The fonts are all so harsh
I will send you a daily letter
Asking how you are
Is your husband treating you well
Has gainful employment met your dreams
Are you feeling fulfilled
Had a family yet
For email are memos of the soul
To brief to be of weight
They do not express as well
As pen on paper on which I write
Every day I will send another letter
To whichever address in which you dwell
Ensuring the man with whom you live
Makes your life paradise not hell
Still loves you as deeply as he should
In my letters I will chart
The maturing and sensibility of my heart
Warm letters you can fold and carry
Close to your own heart
Reread until they fade
The bits where my loving is so brave
These letters I will send
Everyday we are married
To ensure the love we have
Does not grow stale or harried
For we have married now
For ourselves and no others
We have married for our love
And let my letters daily chart its course.

No comments:

Post a Comment