Monday, October 3, 2011

simply stress

* simply stress *
Sleep was not arriving
And I on edge rock
Between morning brightness
And dusk soliloquy
To escape this pounding head
Weary bitten battered mind
Thoughts are old car slow
Inexact I stumble
Blinded to life
By this stress manifesting
In clumsy thoughts
Inaccurate dead end ponderings
And words black ice coated
Dangerous to my health
Invisible to my senses
A hazard to myself
Seek peace and sanctuary
A respite from pressure
Escape upon a holiday
A temporary hideaway
Alias of easy-goingness assumed
Until break ends
Incarceration again begins
With every day of work internment
The pressure and stress raised up
Till again shall find self
Sleep unavailing
On mental edge rocking
Between tortured hours
Of dawn and dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment