Wednesday, September 8, 2010

these fears of mine

* these fears of mine *
The fears I hold are mine
And mine alone to tend
The wonder if work done well
If remarks might offend
All the politic discussions
Of what should be done and why
The balancing of issues raised
Those left out in dark
The worries of what may come to past
The mortgage must be paid
Even as bills mount higher
My cheerfulness I wield
Against negativity and doubt
The stress forever mounts
There seems to be no escape
Always more to be completed
Less is provided with which to do
All the things so urgent
A pause the end of you
Teetering above a chasm
Of your life's sharp obligations
To fall is to fail and instant doom
To stay an art of perseverance
Beyond the means of all
Eventually all shall fail
Into chasm dashed
Upon sharp rocks be broken
Another useless casualty
Thank goodness for my merriment
The smile upon my face
For if they knew the fears which lurk
Would summarily eject me from this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment