Monday, September 6, 2010

Self critiquing

* self critiquing *
A thousand courtrooms in my head
The sentence life until I'm dead
Of these judges pernicious
Their sly sniping words vicious
Demean of my humanity
Highlight my constant fraility
The weakness of my actions
Lack of fibre in my morals
Sponginess of my compassion
Ashes of my passion
No defence witnesses are called
For none it seems can be found
Who would not under cross examination
Become a witness for the prosecution
And the list the prosecution supplied
Reads as a phone book of loved and acquantainces
Seems everyone has an axe to grind
A stiletto to slip between my ribs
An obscenity to cast
My judgement to question
In the dock I stand
Defenceless before my self
The recrimination endless
The vitriol infinite
Seems by all ways these things are measured
I am a conceited know nothing greasy little shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment