Friday, September 24, 2010

offered heart

* * offered heart * *
I offer you my heart
You add it to the pile
With all the charlatans before
The rakes and cads undermining
The smiling assassins two timing
Who dealt your belief such a blow
Did unhinge your confidence
Make your trust in others go

I offer you my heart
With kisses and truth rare
I dare you to take it
Understand fully that I care
Across every ocean
In any place or time
You are the only one I love
Fixed now in words rhyme

I offer you my heart
It is free of any other ties
Alone and unencumbered given
All other claims this heart defies
Free you from the illusions
Others have offered as truths before
A fact this love is true
From outward to deepest inner core

I offer you my heart
Still you find it wanting
Seems my love is unrequited
This failure permanent is haunting
Those liars who went before me
I blame for your failure to comprehend
My heart would be the greatest prize
My love be eternal without end.

No comments:

Post a Comment