Friday, September 9, 2011

Thoughts never still

** thoughts never still **
If I could sleep
And find some rest
To weary and incapable of dispelling
These thoughts which are never still
A tumult in my mind
Such competition for attention
A dozen duties claiming ownership
Of my time and dedication
To do one I must absolve myself
Of omission of the others
And in my sleep they return
A crowd in rebellion
Demanding fair hearing for their needs
A slice of my time sleeping
Given over to judgement
On their officious claims competing
Each is sure they are right
And every other wrong
So my sleep is filled with disputes
A lack of completion
No way in sleep to judge fairly
And in waking find fresh disputing
And so it turn my back to them
And focus on only one
Knowing my sleep will again be broken
By these vexatious litigators
Requiring audience and latest judgement
On their persistent demands for recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment