Friday, May 14, 2010

The hardest truth

The hardest truth

 + the hardest truth +
When you first fell
I reached to lift you
On the second occasion
I took a hold and drew you up
Upon the third time falling
Brought you to my home
Set my life on hold
Sought to make you whole
For so many times after
When you would stumble and fall
I would move to raise you
Save you from addiction binding
Provide space and care for recovery
Yet now I look and cannot recognise
The friend who once I helped
Know I cannot lift you anymore
If you will not help yourself
My door is always open wide
This is not disenchantment or divorce I offer
This heart still wishes you the best
These arms will still assist
Only now you must seek
To raise yourself to my assistance
Your own energies must be totally devoted
To undoing bindings which trap so cruelly
I know all help is in vain
All caring merely prolongs
The constant falling and the pain
I have not gone away
But now you must find yourself
Before you can find me waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment