Monday, February 28, 2011

Someone elses dreams

** someone elses dreams **
Looking back always seems
A tunnel of someone elses dreams
What was happening disconnected
From what was happening to me
Sliding metal grates of fate
Closed behind me as I skate
Ever faster uncontrolled
Into the world of growing old
Wisdom barnacles on hull
Meant to slow me down they tell
I rip them off and count on speed
Allow no deep feelings to impede
The crash when it arrives
Be so sudden complete and everything dies
All the dreams that other dreamt
The perfect me the perfect gent
All are shredded and no more grow
I am dying fast or slow
Mortality has no soul
Death is where we all go
And everything we do before
In peacetime happiness or at war
Counts the same as when we are gone
Having bred or not
Lived or not
To dust we turn
Then electrons unbind
We dissipate into nothingness
Become a part of everything
How we weren't when alive
A being independant and alone
Living fast as we could run
Trying to outrun ourselves
Carrying Death to our own door
This mortality play is complete
We are dead and the good may sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment