Thursday, February 17, 2011

By the bed

* By the bed *
You leave a note by the bed
Sheets turned down and pillows placed
As if a hotel room
And maid has been and gone
This tidiness of mind
No clutter in your life
And your note is by the bed
Waiting for me to read
Fall of lines designed to ease
Pain of you going away
Is me not you I am sure
Will be tenor of your script
I crush the bedspread to creases
As lie myself down to weep
Your note lies unread beside the bed
You called earlier said you were going
A death of intimacy unexpected
Another man held your heart closer
More importantly you had given him your own
The note will explain how you felt
Set my mind at ease
So easy from where you are standing
Bed's hard memories do not ease
This troubled turmoil in my soul
Detacted destoryed and broken
Know I shall never read
Note left beside our bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment