Friday, February 5, 2010

Project anti-saccharine


++ I am one of them ++

Suffocate me
Like a runt of a puppy
Additional mouth not to feed
Tie me in a hessian sack
Dump me in the river
Watch air bubbles rise
As I go down down down

Ignore me
As the stepchild always is
Sent to clean fireplaces
Tie bows in true sisters hair
Seize my Inheritance
Feed me on table scraps
Withhold an education
So barely able to scrawl my name
I am the offspring left
Of relationships left behind

Scourge me
For being a dispossessed refugee
Abuse me in all languages
Cut me and slash me
Salt my wounds with venom
Leave me bleeding and battered
In waste heaps of the night
Remove my right to function
Any solace in law or justice
Cast me from your mind
A distracting token
That all is not right
In your perfect world.

No comments:

Post a Comment