Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fear

 + FEAR +

I am death and destruction
Pillager of dreams
Creator of nightmares
I am out beyond your sight
Or close enough to smell
From your sweat I pour
In every miscalculation wait
A shadow to your bravery
A meaning for every war crime
Send tremors through your core
I undo the notch you set
Consume draughts of courage
cold and heavy as lead I lie
In stomach heart and breath
Set your joints to quaking
Dry your mouth of words
Unsettle every nerve
I am the one supreme
If opportunity you give
Inside hesitation and commonsense I hide
Wield these rods on your body
Riddle thoughts with holes
The bravest men know of me
In night hours and in cold
Before every redoubt you might storm
On eve of every doubt
There I lie awaiting
For the moment to let me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment