Thursday, February 18, 2010

Enemy

 +-+-+ ENEMY +-+-+
I am the enemy
That much is very clear
Sighting me you change
As might a hissing cat
Knowing what I am
Though we have never ever met

To others I might be meat
To you I am a bitter poison
Should have been drowned at birth
For no value do I bring
Marked by my gender
As a bloody useless thing

You have met my kind before
Of this you are so sure
Fallen for the words and smiles
Unknowing these are the wiles
Of the cunning killer
The friend who is your foe

The one who will insinuate
Themselves into your life and light
Bring the coldest blackest darkness
Steal joy from every thought
Make rotten every memory
Cheapen every trust

Bruise your heart so thoroughly
That all who follow are the enemy
Despoilers destroyers and liars
Heartless fiends without souls
Mark them clearly by their gender
Those unfeeling serial offenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment