Monday, March 1, 2010

Rest A While

+ REST A WHILE +

Lay your head and rest a while
close your eyes from crying
lie here in the warm sun
and gather fresh strength
I shall watch the door
and guard the ways to your side
I shall hold the lines
as from this sadness you slide.

Lay your head and rest a while
so long it seems since you did smile
all the tears and heartache full
a flood of woe you've been through
waterlogged now with sorrow
it is time to dry you out
with warm embrace give life's heat
with my lips revive your heart.

Lay your head and rest a while
seems cruelly life has dealt you
every card another bane
and every night darker colder
I shall warm you with my thoughts
address your woe with a smile
draw the sadness with compress of laughter
for all eternity or just a while.

Lay your head and rest a while
this day we can let slide
there shall be a tomorrow brighter
from which good fortune shall ride
these days past will fade and fall
remembrance of them be as shadows
scraped from self by cheerful light
diminished in sight by heart happiness tight
until then I guard and watch
as you, my love, rest a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment