Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Helen

 + My Helen +
I once saw your face
Untouched by cover artists
Illuminated by moonlight clear
A beacon rising forth
A Helen worthy of a war
Thought to find the way
Through strategems and mazes
To your door
To your heart impacted
Resolute defended against such as I
Who could not concieve
Such beauty might not need
The doubt of my foundations
Words of life reflections bare
A crow to hang around your neck
Foretelling doom and despair
For I never looked in mirror
And glimpsed my wings that way
Always saw them as white not black
A figure tall and serene
Not squat and beaked and mean
For was not how I saw myself
Was how you saw me
Which forever blocked the gates
Set the lock with stubborn key
You wanted life unbordered
Not life constrained by fears
Life set to peal with laughter
Not life concerned with the everafter
And so my Helen you sailed away
My armies of logic impotent
Against the logic and truths you employed
Life not to be sadly examined
Life should foremost be enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment